How to Sell Your Home When It’s Raining
Most home sellers believe that homebuyers are not out searching for a home during the rainy season. THAT IS NOT TRUE! Not only is it a great time to buy but it’s a great time to sell during the rainy months as well. Typically during the winter there is not a lot of homes on the market so by selling your home during the winter MORE buyers will have their eyes on your property and your home can sell FASTER! Here are a few tips on how to sell your home when it’s raining out.
If your home is on the market and we are having rainy days like we have experienced recently, then there are things you should be aware of to create a pleasant showing experience.
1. Lights! Lights! Lights! Brighten and lighten your home as much as possible. No one wants a home that shows dark. However, every flaw your home has is magnified on a rainy day, so brighten every corner. Leave every light in the house on when your home is being shown. Open every blind or shutter. Be aware of rooms that are dark and know they will seem darker and appear gloomy unless you create a warm cozy feeling with lighting.
2. Gutters should be clean and water should flow freely through gutters and downspouts. Check roofs and make sure there are no leaks.
3. Check the condition of porches and decks to protect visitors against slips and falls. This is important as it can be very intimidating to buyers and their agents trying to view your home.
4. Make sure your entry provides a place for your showing visitors to wipe their feet. Have proper mats by the front and back doors.
5. Smells are enhanced on rainy days. Make sure you have addressed pet odors, food odors or any mystery odors so that your home smells as fresh.
6. Candles can create warmth and a nice atmosphere. Do not use any heavy floral fragrances or fake fragrances that might cause an allergic reaction. Another way to add warmth to your home is by putting a sheet of cookies in the oven and maybe have some out for buyers. This will bring smiles to many faces.
7. If people cannot enjoy the sunny outdoors then bring good cheer in. Put fresh flowers in the home. Pick cheerful bouquets.
8. Rain or shine make your home one to remember. Pay attention to details. People will only remember that your home stood out among the others viewed on that rainy day.